The preliminary farm value of Indiana field crops produced in 2019 was $6.14 billion, down 12 percent from 2018. According to Greg Matli, State Statistician of the USDA NASS, Indiana Field Office, the total value of Indiana state production declined due to lower total production of corn, soybeans, and wheat. Some Indiana highlights from the Crop Values Annual Report follow:
- Corn for grain value was down 9 percent to $3.34 billion in 2019. The average price was $4.10 per
- Soybean value decreased 17 percent to $2.49 billion in 2019. The average price was $9.10 per
- Wheat value was down 12 percent to $79.8 million. The average price was $4.95 per
- S. corn for grain value increased 2 percent to $52.9 billion in 2019.
- Soybean value in the U.S. was down 15 percent to $31.2
- All U.S. wheat value was down 8 percent to $8.88 billion.