Petitions are still available for Indiana corn farmers interested in serving on the Indiana Corn Marketing Council (ICMC) board of directors. ICMC is the state corn checkoff organization. ICMC directors are responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient investment of corn checkoff funds in programs that strengthen Indiana’s corn industry. Board members must be willing to participate in board meetings, committee meetings, and other corn checkoff functions throughout the year.
Farmers interested in running for a director position should submit a petition to the ICMC office before June 30, 2014. Farmers can receive a petition by downloading the forms at www.incorn.org/elections or by calling the ICMC office at 877-267-6444. Forms are also available at all County Extension offices.
To run for an ICMC director seat, Indiana corn farmers must be a registered Indiana voter, be at least 18 years of age, and reside in the appropriate district. All farmers who submit a valid petition by the deadline will be listed as a candidate on the election ballot. Voting takes place at local Cooperative Extension Service county offices in August 2014.
Newly elected directors will begin a three-year term by October 1, 2014. ICMC directors can serve three consecutive full terms or a total of nine consecutive years.
This year, ICMC has seats up for election in Districts 3, 4, 6 and 9. There are also two At-Large seats up for election.
- District 3: The counties of Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Lagrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley.
- District 4: The counties of Warren, Tippecanoe, Montgomery, Putnam, Owen, Clay, Vigo, Parke, Vermillion, Fountain.
- District 6. The counties of Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Henry, Jay, Randolph,
- Union and Wayne.
- District 9: The counties of Clark, Dearborn, Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley,
- Scott and Switzerland.
- The two open At-Large seats represent the entire state of Indiana.
For more information about ICMC and the upcoming director elections, visit incorn.org/elections or call 877-267-6444.