At the close of the May 8 primary election, 16 candidates who were endorsed by Indiana Farm Bureau’s AgELECT and ELECT political action committees had won their races. PAC endorsements were made through a multi-step process, starting with recommendations from Farm Bureau members who live in the district. AgELECT and ELECT trustees will have the opportunity to endorse candidates in the general election this fall.
In total, endorsements were made in 17 primary election races, and endorsed candidates were successful in all but two of these.
Below is a list of AgELECT and ELECT-endorsed candidates who won their primary:
U.S. House of Representatives (ELECT)
• James Baird (R), Congressional District 4
• Tobi Beck (D), Congressional District 4
Indiana Senate (AgELECT)
• Travis Holdman (R), Senate District 1
Indiana House of Representatives (AgELECT)
• Carolyn B. Jackson (D), House District 1
• Earl Harris Jr. (D), House District 2
• Mara Candelaria Reardon (D), House District 12
• Jack Jordan (R), House District 17
• David Wolkins (R), House District 18
• Curt Nisly (R), House District 22
• J.D. Prescott (R), House District 33
• Beau Baird (R), House District 44
• Christy Stutzman (R), House District 49
• Bradford Barrett (R), House District 56
• Joseph Lannan (D) and Shane Lindauer (R), both House District 63
• Steve Davisson (R), House District 73
• Steve Bartels (R), House District 74
With the primary election complete, focus now turns to getting candidates who support agriculture and the future of Indiana’s rural communities elected in the general election. On Nov. 8, elections will take place for 25 Indiana Senate seats, 100 Indiana House seats, nine U.S. House seats and one U.S. Senate seat.