Ceres Solutions has announced ten 2020 scholarship recipients.
“We are pleased to support these future leaders of our industry through this scholarship program,” says Jeff Troike, CEO of Ceres Solutions; “It is important for us to consistently invest in local youth. As a Cooperative, it is one of our core commitments to give back to local communities in which we serve.”
Selection criteria emphasizes involvement in agricultural youth groups such as 4-H and FFA. Students must be children or grandchildren of current cooperative members or employees of the cooperative to apply for the high school scholarships. It is estimated that the co-op and its predecessor co-ops have invested more than $230,000 in scholarships to local students.
The 2020 Ceres Solutions Scholarship recipients are:
- Nathan Adams of Royal Center, IN – Nathan is the son of Thomas and Diana Adams and plans to attend Purdue University and pursue an Agronomy degree.
- Owen Bontekoe of Marion, MI- Owen is the son of Mark and Katrina Bontekoe and plans to pursue a Business degree at Northwood University this fall.
- Ashley Crowder of Attica, IN.- Ashley is the daughter of Kyle and Denise Crowder and will attend Purdue University as an Agronomy major.
- Mercedes Harbin of Bicknell, IN- Mercedes is the daughter of Adam and Julie Harbin and will head to Vincennes University this fall to pursue a degree in Veterinary Technician.
- Nolan Hays of Vincennes, IN- Nolan is the son of Frank and Marcy Hays and will head to Purdue University this fall to pursue a degree in Computer Engineering.
- Kristy Kohlhagen of Rensselaer, IN- Kristy is the daughter of Ryan and Amy Kohlhagen and seeks to study Agricultural Education at Purdue University this fall.
- Alyssa McKillip of Wabash, IN- Alyssa is the daughter of Troy and Toni McKillip and will attend Butler University to study Biology.
- McKenna Nally of Fowler, IN- McKenna is the daughter of John and Heather Nally and will be attending Ivy Tech this fall studying Botany.
- Jackson Shake of Sullivan, IN- Jackson is the son of Ron and Paige Shake and will study Agribusiness at Purdue University this fall.
- Emma Woller of Montague, IN- Emma is the daughter of Jack and Sara Woller and will attend Michigan State University and pursue a degree in Crop and Soil Science.