Purdue Extension is offering two-day workshops at four Indiana locations starting in December for farm families wanting to know more about business succession planning.
Topics of “Planning for the Transfer of Farm Ownership and Management” include:
* Adding a family member to a farm ownership group.
* Multiple entity structures.
* Risk management tools.
* Strategies for asset transfer.
* Management transfer plans.
Day 1 of the workshop will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and includes lunch. Day 2 is a complimentary one-hour farm family meeting with a member of Extension’s Farm Succession Planning Team.
Sessions will take place at the following locations:
* Huntingburg: Huntingburg Event Center, 200 E. 14th St.; Dec. 2-3.
* Reynolds: White County Extension Office, 12 N. 25 E; Dec. 9-10.
* Rushville: The 201 Building, 201 N. Main St.; Jan. 13-14, 2015.
* Albion: Noble County Extension Office, 2090 N. state Route 9; Jan. 27-28, 2015.
Cost is $150 for the first four family members and $15 for each additional member. Registration forms are available on the Purdue Center for Commercial Agriculture’s website at www.agecon.purdue.edu/commercialag.
For more information, contact Ed Farris, Purdue Extension educator, at 260-358-4826 or email@example.com.
Funding for the workshop was provided by the North Central Risk Management Agency. Partners include the Purdue Women in Agriculture Team and the Purdue Farm Succession Planning Team.
Source: Purdue News