Six exhibitors finished as Grand and Reserve Grand Champions this evening in the 2017 Indiana State Fair Grand Drive, presented by Farm Credit Mid-America. Hardworking 4-H Members showed livestock of various species, weights, and classes while battling it out in the Indiana Farmers Coliseum during the Indiana State Fair. Categories included Dairy Steer, Meat Goat Wether, Market Lamb, Rabbit Meat Pen, Market Barrow, and Beef Steer.
The Grand Champions are as follows:
- Grand Champion Dairy Steer: Melissa Rudolph, LaPorte
- Grand Champion Meat Goat Wether: Ethan Beaman, Cass
- Grand Champion Market Lamb: Lane Slaton, Hamilton
- Grand Champion Rabbit Meat Pen: Paige Gauck, Decatur
- Grand Champion Market Barrow: Cody Maxwell, Porter
- Grand Champion Beef Steer: Remington Brumbaugh, Dekalb
- Second place was awarded to the following:
- Reserve Grand Champion Meat Goat Wether: Elizabeth Michel, Wabash
- Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb: Kendal Rosen, Wabash
- Reserve Grand Champion Market Barrow: Cagney Utterback, Madison
- Reserve Grand Champion Beef Steer: Harper Henney, Steuben
Nearly $100,000 is raised by the Indiana State Fair Foundation, the Indiana State Fair’s non-profit arm, to provide monetary awards for winners. Top placing 4-H members will be recognized for their hard work at the Celebration of Champions event, held on August 20th at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum. The Celebration of Champions is a gala celebrating achievement, scholarship and hard work. To learn more about donation opportunities available with the Indiana State Fair Foundation, visit https://www.indianastatefairfoundation.org.