The Indiana Corn Marketing Council (ICMC) election will take place August 13-17, 2018 at county Purdue Cooperative Extension Service offices across the state. Absentee voting is open through August 10. Five Hoosier corn growers are running for Indiana Corn Marketing Council’s Board of Directors.
The ICMC Board manages state corn checkoff investments and invests in market expansion, research, and educational activities that can strengthen Indiana’s corn industry. Voting is open to Indiana corn producers, defined as: any person engaged in the business of producing and marketing corn in Indiana under the producer’s own name or the name of an entity in which the producer has ownership.
Indiana is divided into nine districts with one director representing each of the districts and six at-large positions representing the entire state.
This year’s ICMC election will take place in Districts 2, 5, and 8. The election will also include two at-large seats. Below are the candidates running in this year’s election. While the elections are uncontested, each candidate requires at least one vote to become elected to the board.
• District 2: Christian Rosen, Wabash Co.
• District 5: Mike Beard, Clinton Co.
• District 8: Luke Schnitker, Jackson Co.
• At Large: Sarah Delbecq, DeKalb Co.
• At Large: Kelly Whiteman Snipes, Fulton Co.
Voting will take place at local county extension offices from August 13-17, 2018. If you cannot visit the office at that time, you may also request an absentee ballot by calling the ICMC office at 317-614-0118. Alternatively, you may contact your county extension offices until August 8 to obtain an absentee ballot. Mailed in ballots must be postmarked by August 10.
• District 2 includes the counties of St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall, Kosciusko, Fulton, Miami, Wabash, Cass and Carroll.
• District 5 includes the counties of Grant, Howard, Clinton, Tipton, Madison, Hamilton, Boone, Hendricks, Marion, Hancock, Shelby, Morgan, Johnson, Rush, Bartholomew and Decatur.
• District 8 includes the counties of Monroe, Brown, Lawrence, Jackson, Orange, Washington, Crawford, Perry, Harrison and Floyd.
• The two at-large seats represent the entire state of Indiana.
Newly-elected directors for all three districts and the at-large seats will serve three-year terms beginning October 1, 2018. ICMC directors can serve three consecutive full terms or a total of nine consecutive years.
For more information about the election process, visit www.incorn.org/elections or call Hannah Vorsilak at 317-644-2791.