The Indiana Corn Growers Association will be electing a new slate of farmer-members to serve on its board of directors during its annual meeting next month.
This will be the first board election since the current ICGA board voted to change the association’s districts to align with Indiana’s nine Congressional districts. The goal of realigning the districts it to allow the board to stay more closely connected with legislators in each district.
“One of the most important decisions you can do this year as a member of ICGA is vote for the 2015 Board of Directors,” said Herb Ringel, ICGA president and farmer from Wabash, Ind. “Our challenge as corn farmers to make sure our voices are heard in Washington, D.C. is greater than ever and we need engaged, committed directors to be the voice of Hoosier farmers to our Congressional delegation.”
One farmer from each congressional district will be elected and voting is currently taking place with mailed ballots to all voting producer-members. Ballots are due back to the ICGA office by November 21. Voting will also take place during ICGA’s annual meeting on Tuesday, December 2 at the Glass Barn on the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis.
Candidates for each district director position include:
- District 1: Michael McIntire from Lowell, Ind. in Lake County
- District 2: Herbert Ringel from Wabash, Ind. in Wabash County
- District 3: Sarah Delbecq of Auburn, Ind. in Dekalb County
- District 4: Michael Beard of Frankfort, Ind., in Clinton County; Chad Cyr of Fowler, Ind. in Benton County; and George Morton of Lebanon, Ind. in Boone County
- District 5: Ralph Kauffman of Atlanta, Ind. in Tipton County and Steve Ludwig of Hartford City, Ind. in Blackford County
- District 6: Jeff Jordan of Richmond, Ind. in Wayne County; Ronnie Mohr of Greenfield, Ind. in Hancock County; and Jim Wenning of Cambridge City, Ind. in Wayne County
- District 8: Michael Nichols of Rockport, Ind. in Spencer County; David Ring of Huntingburg, Ind. in Dubois County; James (JR) Roesner of Ferdinand, Ind. in Dubois County; and Dennis Whitsitt of Huntingburg, Ind. in Dubois County
- District 9: Mike Flock of Ramsey, Ind. in Harrison County
Candidates will be present at ICGA Annual Meeting on December 2 in Indianapolis and grower-members are encouraged to attend to meet the candidates and stay for the annual meeting, as well as the Joint Policy Forum hosted by ICGA and Indiana Soybean Alliance’s Membership & Policy Committee.
“By hosting our annual meeting in conjunction with the Joint Policy Forum, we’ll be able to not only elect our new board of directors, but also engage in a discussion of local, state and federal issues facing farmers in the next year and beyond,” said Ringel.
If you are a producer-member and did not receive a ballot in the mail or if you have additional questions regarding the elections, contact ICGA Governance Director, Hannah Brescher at 317-644-2791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the elections and to RSVP for the annual meeting, visit www.incorn.org/policymeeting.
Source: Indiana Corn