There’s still time to enter your photos of the places and faces of Indiana agriculture in the 2012 Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest! The deadline has been extended until June 30th, so join the competition and possibly have your photo framed and displayed in the Offices of the Lt. Governor’s Family of Business and featured in the 2013 Hoosier Ag Today calendar. Contest winners will also be special guests at this year’s Indiana State Fair, where they will be recognized during the Celebration of Agriculture event.
- Conservation: landscape, water and wildlife
- Agritourism: destination agriculture, including products from orchards, wineries, and flower gardens
- Faces of Agriculture: photos featuring people engaged in the activities of daily farm life and/or giving non-ag audiences a deeper understanding of Indiana agriculture
- On the Farm: buildings, animals and equipment
- A Calendar Cover award will be given for the photo chosen for the front of the 2013 Indiana Agriculture Calendar, a joint project of ISDA, Hoosier Ag Today & Indiana Farm Bureau
We encourage participants to submit both horizontal and vertical photos that are reflective of our changing seasons and capture a wide variety of all agriculture sectors, including but not limited to livestock, specialty crops, cover crops and renewable fuels.
To read official rules, fill out an entry form and view previous winning entries, go to the ISDA website.