* At midday, corn is -5, soybeans are -8, Chicago wheat is -10, KC wheat is -13, Minneapolis wheat is -7, Jan feeders -.100, Feb fat cattle -.400, Feb hogs -.700.
* Grain inspections were higher than expectations for wheat and soybeans, lower for corn. Corn inspections were 12.8mln bu vs. expectations of 21.7. Soybean inspections were 55.5mln bu vs expected 44.1. Wheat inspections were 12.8mln bu. vs expected 10.1mln bushels.
* Crude Oil was up strong this morning over concerns that Saudi Arabia had cut off diplomatic relations with Iran, but have backed of the rally over a bigger concern with global economies.
* More rains forecasted for the drier areas of Brazil on top of what they received over the weekend, pressuring the bean markets.
* S&P and the Dow Jones index futures are still down a lot at midday due to the unrest in the middle east and poor economic data out of China, spilling over to the grain markets. The lone bright spot occurring in the livestock markets as they have turned for higher in some months.
All opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Water Street Advisory. This data and these comments are provided for information purposes only and are not intended to be used for specific trading strategies. Although all information is believed to be reliable, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. There is significant risk of loss involved in commodity futures and options trading and may not be suitable for all investors.
Past performance is not indicative of future results. The information contained in this report is intended for informational purposes only and is the opinion of the writer and may change at any time. This information was compiled from sources believed to be reliable but accuracy cannot be and is not guaranteed. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, in regards to this information for any particular purpose. There is SIGNIFICANT RISK involved in trading futures and or options on futures and may not be suitable for all investors. Investors should consider these RISKS and evaluate their suitability based on their financial conditions. No one should ever consider trading futures or options on futures with anything other than RISK CAPITAL. This information is provided freely and is NOT in the capacity of a trading advisor. NO LIABILITY on the part of the author exists for any trading loss you may incur in the use of this information. Information provided is not to be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any commodity or security named herein.
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message. Water Street Solutions is an equal opportunity provider. Water Street Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.