Alyssa Garnett of Pulaski County earned the title of Miss Indiana State Fair during today’s final day of the fair’s queen pageant in the Farm Bureau Building. Garnett was chosen from 87 contestants, each representing their home county. She becomes the third young lady from Pulaski County to become Indiana State Fair Queen.
Garnett, 19, is a sophomore at Purdue University studying business management. She is the 56th young lady to be crowned Miss Indiana State Fair.
“I never envisioned this happening. I’m so grateful,” she said. “When I looked to the girls beside and behind me, they have so many accomplishments, and then they called my name and I just couldn’t believe it.”
Garnett succeeds Mariah Huff of Jackson County and will begin representing the State Fair in 2014. A video of Garnett’s crowning can be viewed at https://bit.ly/1cXR0DD.
Here are the results of the Top 10 finalists:
The Queen’s Court:
- 1st Runner-up – Emily Robertson, Cass County
- 2nd Runner-up – Madison Seifert, DeKalb County
- 3rd Runner-up – Channing Gappens, Tipton County
- 4th Runner-up – Payton Warren, Jackson County
Other finalists, in no particular order:
- Ellie Jarrett, Daviess County
- Larissa Landis, White County
- D’Lee Vieck, Knox County
- Lauren Fuhs, Gibson County
- Rebecca Kain, Steuben County
Miss Congeniality: Sarah Hudson, Vigo County