Purdue Extensionwill host 20 statewide community forums in January and February to aid the Purdue University College of Agriculture in its strategic planning. Free and open to the public, the forums are intended to gather feedback to consider as the College of Agriculture creates its five-year strategic plan later this year. “These forums will allow people throughout Indiana to share their visions for Purdue Extension and the College of Agriculture and tell us what we’re doing well, where we can improve and the initiatives in which we can help lead the way,” said Jason Henderson, director of Purdue Extension and associate dean of the College of Agriculture. “We’ve called them ‘community forums’ for a reason. We want to hear from a diverse representation of those who call Indiana home, especially those who may be less familiar with what Extension can offer. These forums will be of greatest value if they represent a plurality of thoughtful, passionate, engaged voices.”
Those attending the forums will take part in small-group discussions about ways in which Purdue Extension and the college could further strengthen Indiana communities, families, leaders and businesses. Feedback will help determine strategies or activities to incorporate into a strategic plan.
Each forum will last about three hours, with meals or light refreshments provided. Those interested in attending should contact their county’s Purdue Extension office. Contact information is available on the Purdue Extension website athttps://extension.purdue.edu.
The schedule for the community forums:
* Jan. 15, Bloomington: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, Monroe County Extension Office, 3400 S. Walnut St.
* Jan. 16, Terre Haute: 12:30-4 p.m. EST, Floriculture Building, Wabash Valley Fairgrounds, 3901 U.S. 41.
* Jan. 20, Bluffton: 12:30-4 p.m. EST, Wells County Extension Office, 1240 4-H Park Road.
* Jan. 20, Valparaiso: 5-8:30 p.m. CST, Porter County Expo Center and Fairgrounds, 215 Division Road.
* Jan. 21: Cambridge City: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Cambridge City Christian Church, 106 W. Church St.
* Jan. 21, Greentown: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Howard County Fairgrounds, 610 E. Payton St.
* Jan. 21, Franklin: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, Scott Hall, Johnson County Fairgrounds, 250 Fairground St.
* Jan. 21, Seymour: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, Jackson County Learning Center, 323 Dupont Drive.
* Jan. 21, Boonville: 5-8:30 p.m. CST, Warrick County Fairgrounds, 133 E. Degonia Road.
* Jan. 27, Rensselaer: 5-8:30 p.m. CST, Jasper County Fairgrounds, 2671 W. Clark St.
* Jan. 28, Aurora: 12:30-4 p.m. EST, Dearborn County Extension Office, 229 Main St.
* Jan. 29, Nappanee: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Nappanee Public Library, 157 N. Main St.
* Jan. 29, Noblesville: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Hamilton County Fairgrounds, 2003 Pleasant St.
* Jan. 29, Corydon: 12:30-4 p.m. EST, Harrison County Extension Office, 247 Atwood St.
* Feb. 3, Lafayette: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Tippecanoe County Extension Office, 3150 Sagamore Parkway S.
* Feb. 3, Greensburg: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, Decatur County Extension Office, 545 S. County Road 200 W.
* Feb. 5, Rochester: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, Fulton County Fairgrounds, 1009 W. 3rd St.
* Feb. 10, Montgomery: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST, Gasthof Amish Restaurant, 6747 E. Gasthof Village Road.
* Feb. 10, Albion: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, DEKKO Room, Noble County Extension Office, 2090 N. State Road 9, Suite D.
* Feb. 12, Muncie: 5-8:30 p.m. EST, Heartland Hall, Delaware County Fairgrounds, 1210 N. Wheeling Ave.