Indiana AgrAbility, hosted at Purdue University, Purdue Extension and the Farmer Veteran Coalition-Indiana chapter, are hosting a Northwest Indiana Veteran Farmer Workshop at Pinney Purdue Agricultural Center, 11402 S. County Line Road, in Wanatah, Indiana.
Veterans interested in learning more about agriculture and prospective or current Indiana AgVets are invited to network during the Sept. 14 workshop from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (CT). Topics will include:
- Overview and tour of Pinney Purdue Agricultural Center
- Greenhouse and vegetable production enterprises
- Farmers market opportunities
- High-tunnel production
- Direct marketing and entrepreneurship
- Farmer Veteran Coalition programs and opportunities
- Indiana AgVets Certification and Internship Program
The workshop is free and lunch will be provided. Registration, required for all participants, is found online. Spouses and significant others are welcome. Contact Edward Sheldon at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the event.