Purdue specialists invite small- and large-operation farmers and growers to attend the Purdue Fruit, Vegetable and Hemp Field Day on July 21, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT at the Meigs Purdue Ag Center. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., and lunch will be provided.
“Purdue researchers, Extension specialists and graduate students will discuss and showcase their current research at the field day. Research in action always presents a great opportunity for hands-on learning, and there will be ample opportunities for growers to network and exchange information,” said Petrus Langenhoven, Purdue horticulture and hydroponic crop specialist.
Topics to be covered include:
- Apple disease management and IR-4 trial results.
- Botrytis management in peonies.
- Cannabinoid hemp variety trial and hemp propagation study.
- Cold-hardy grape varieties for Indiana.
- Insect management on leafy greens, sweet corn, high-tunnel cucumbers.
- Management of dwarf apple trees.
- Planting vegetables into cover crops.
- Two-system approach to vegetable farming.
- Vegetable weed management research.
Meigs Purdue Ag Center is located at 9101 S. 100 E., Lafayette, Ind. Sign up to attend here.